We want to express our appreciation for this opportunity to help you. This letter is to confirm the terms of our engagement and to clarify the extent of the services we will provide. We ask all clients for whom returns are prepared to confirm the following arrangements regarding our mutual responsibilities.
- We will prepare your Federal and State income tax returns from information you provide.
- We will furnish you with questionnaires and or a tax organizer to guide you in gathering necessary tax information.
- We will use professional judgment in resolving questions where the law is unclear. We will resolve such questions in your favor unless otherwise instructed by you.
- We will not guarantee outcomes or results.
- We will render such accounting and bookkeeping assistance needed for preparing your tax returns. Dependent upon scope of assistance, an extra fee my apply.
- We will not audit or otherwise verify the information you provide. Likewise, we will not include procedures designed to discover fraud or embezzlement.
- We will be available to represent you in tax audits and tax planning projects. We will render additional invoices for this service.
- We will provide tax advising and business advising on an ‘as needed’ basis. We will do our best to answer any and all questions in a timely and professional manner. We will advise what is most advantageous to you while operating within the scope of the law.
- You will need to provide all required information in a timely manner.
- You will need to retain all documents, canceled checks and other information used to support amounts claimed on your tax returns.
- If there are other tax returns you expect us to prepare, such as gift, payroll, and/or property, please inform us prior to your first appointment or as soon as possible.
- You may be subject to penalties, especially when taxpayers understate their tax liability. You may also be subject to tax return audits or inquiries.
Billing and Fees:
- Our fee for services will be based upon the level and value of services rendered and out-of-pocket expenses. (Please refer to any price estimation or retainer requested in circumstances where applicable.) Other standard hourly rates for services are: Walt Kero, Mark Byington and Deborah Linthicum $250 hourly, Lacie Stone $100 hourly.
- All billable work will be due within 30 days of invoice date. After 30 days, interest will accrue monthly at 1.5% of unpaid balance. Furthermore, Kero Byington and Associates has the right to resort to any and all allowable legal remedies to collect on any balance left unpaid.
- We do not anticipate disputes, however unpaid amounts sent for collection will incur fees. In the event of a dispute, we will agree to arbitration. In the event of arbitration or litigation, the prevailing party shall be entitled to cost of suit and any appeal thereon, including reasonable attorney fees.
- KBA reserves the right to terminate this engagement at any time it feels the integrity of the engagement has been compromised.